Area Bike Trails
It's All About Fun
Conveniently located in Eagle River on Hwy 70, Eagle Bikes has easy access to:
- Three Eagle Trail (Eagle River to Three Lakes)
- Tara Lila (Wilderness Conservation Project and 3 Park Units)
- Eagle River-Land O'Lakes Bike Route (Eagle River to Land O' Lakes)
- Great Headwaters Trail (Conover-Phelps Trail and Eagle River City Connector)
- Heart of Vilas County Bike Trail (Connects the communities of Boulder Junction, Manitowish Waters, Mercer, St. Germain and Sayner)
We encourage all riders to be respectful on the trail, understanding that our trails welcome bike riders and walkers.
How Do Electric Bikes Work?
Our bikes have electric motors powered by high performance LG batteries that drives the wheels. The batteries are mounted under the frame, and each bike has a key (excluding our Himiways).
Do you need to pedal when you ride an electric bike?
Our bicycles have a throttle so you can ride without pedaling. If you wish to pedal and enjoy low-impact exercise, the motor engages when you use the throttle or select a pedal assist mode. The motor disengages when you apply the brakes (like a car's cruise control).
The motor will assist you in challenging areas, such as hills, and allow you to travel longer distances and enjoy the outdoors.
If you help pedal, your range will increase - but it's not necessary!
Are Electric Bikes Allowed on the Trails?
Yes, our bikes are permitted on the area trails. Gasoline-powered bicycles are not permitted.
Our electric bikes have a range of approximately 25 miles, with a top speed of 20 miles per hour.
Battery life will vary depending on how much you pedal.
The bikes include a display to view your speed and your mileage and a phone holder. Several our bikes also include saddle bags for convenient storage.